Screen recording is an essential feature for anyone who wants to create a tutorial, record a gameplay session, or save an important video call. If you’re a Macbook Air user, you might be wondering if you can screen record on your device with sound. The answer is yes! In this article, we’ll explain how to screen record on Macbook Air with sound and what tools you can use to make the process easier.
How to Screen Record on Macbook Air with Sound
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s go over the basic steps for screen recording on a Macbook Air:
- Open the app or window you want to record.
- Press Command + Shift + 5 on your keyboard.
- Select the portion of the screen you want to record or choose to record the entire screen.
- Click on the Options button to select your preferred microphone input and other settings.
- Click on Record to start recording.
- Click on the Stop button on the menu bar or press Command + Control + Esc to stop recording.
Now, if you want to include sound in your screen recording, here’s what you need to do:
- Follow the same steps above to start recording.
- Make sure your microphone input is set to “Internal Microphone” or any other external microphone you’re using.
- Make sure the “Record Audio” checkbox is ticked on the Options menu.
- Start recording and speak into your microphone as needed.
- Stop recording when you’re done.
That’s it! You should now have a screen recording with sound that you can edit and share as needed.
Best Tools for Screen Recording on Macbook Air
While the built-in screen recording tool on Macbook Air is great, there are other third-party tools that can make the process even easier and more efficient. Here are some of the best tools for screen recording on Macbook Air:
1. QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a free app that comes pre-installed on all Macs. It’s primarily a media player, but it also has a screen recording feature that’s perfect for basic screen recording needs. QuickTime Player allows you to record your screen with or without audio and gives you the option to choose your microphone input. It’s also very easy to use and has a simple interface.
ScreenFlow is a popular screen recording and video editing software for Macs. It offers many advanced features that QuickTime Player doesn’t have, such as the ability to add annotations, animations, and effects to your recordings. ScreenFlow also has a built-in audio editor that allows you to edit and enhance your recordings’ sound quality.
Camtasia is another powerful screen recording and video editing software that’s available for Macs. It has many of the same features as ScreenFlow, such as the ability to add annotations and effects, but it also offers additional features such as green screen effects, interactive quizzes, and more. Camtasia is a great choice if you need to create professional-looking video content.
Screen recording on Macbook Air with sound is possible and easy to do with the built-in screen recording tool or third-party software like QuickTime Player, ScreenFlow, or Camtasia. Whether you’re creating a tutorial, recording a gameplay session, or saving an important video call, screen recording is a valuable tool that every Macbook Air user should know how to use.