Typing on your iPhone can be noisy, especially if you’re in a quiet environment. The sound of the keyboard can be distracting to others around you or even to yourself. If you are looking to lower the typing sound on your iPhone, there are several ways to do it. In this article, we will discuss some of the methods that you can use to reduce the noise coming from your iPhone keyboard.
Method 1: Turn Off Keyboard Clicks
The first and easiest way to lower the typing sound on your iPhone is to turn off the keyboard clicks. This feature is designed to provide an audible feedback when you type on your iPhone keyboard. To turn off the keyboard clicks, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll down and toggle off Keyboard Clicks option.
With this option turned off, you will no longer hear the clicking sound when you type on your iPhone keyboard.
Method 2: Use a Third-Party Keyboard
If you are still not satisfied with the sound level of your iPhone keyboard, you can try using a third-party keyboard that has a quieter sound. There are many third-party keyboards available on the App Store that offer different sounds and styles, some of which are quieter than the default iPhone keyboard.
To install a third-party keyboard on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Search for a third-party keyboard that you like.
- Download and install the keyboard.
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard.
- Select the third-party keyboard that you installed.
Once you have installed and selected the third-party keyboard, you can test it out to see if it is quieter than the default iPhone keyboard.
Method 3: Use Headphones or Earbuds
If you don’t want to turn off the keyboard clicks and you don’t want to switch to a third-party keyboard, you can use headphones or earbuds to lower the sound level. By plugging in headphones or earbuds, you can enjoy the sound of the keyboard without disturbing others around you.
To use headphones or earbuds with your iPhone, simply plug them into the headphone jack or lightning port. You can also connect wireless headphones or earbuds via Bluetooth.
Method 4: Adjust the Sound Settings
If you want to lower the overall sound level of your iPhone, you can adjust the sound settings. There are two settings that you can adjust to lower the sound level:
- Volume Limit: This setting allows you to set a maximum volume level for your iPhone. By setting a lower volume limit, you can prevent the keyboard clicks from being too loud.
- EQ: This setting allows you to adjust the equalizer settings for your iPhone. By selecting a preset EQ setting that emphasizes the midrange frequencies, you can reduce the volume of the keyboard clicks.
To adjust the sound settings on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Music.
- Scroll down and tap on Volume Limit or EQ.
- Adjust the settings to your liking.
By adjusting the sound settings, you can lower the volume of the keyboard clicks on your iPhone.
Method 5: Use a Screen Protector
If you are still looking for ways to lower the typing sound on your iPhone, you can try using a screen protector. Some screen protectors are designed to reduce the noise coming from your iPhone keyboard. These screen protectors are made of a material that absorbs the sound of your typing, resulting in a quieter keyboard.
To use a screen protector on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Purchase a screen protector that is designed to reduce noise.
- Clean your iPhone screen with a microfiber cloth.
- Peel off the backing of the screen protector and align it with your iPhone screen.
- Press down on the screen protector to remove any air bubbles.
With a noise-reducing screen protector, you can type on your iPhone keyboard without making too much noise.
If you are looking to lower the typing sound on your iPhone, there are several methods that you can use. You can turn off the keyboard clicks, use a third-party keyboard, use headphones or earbuds, adjust the sound settings, or use a screen protector. By using one or more of these methods, you can enjoy a quieter typing experience on your iPhone.