Do you find it annoying when your phone makes a sound every time you send a text message? Luckily, there is a way to turn off this feature on both iPhones and Androids. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to turn off sent text sound on your mobile phone.
If you have an iPhone, follow these steps to turn off sent text sound:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sounds & Haptics.”
- Scroll down again and find “Text Tone.”
- Tap on “Text Tone.”
- Scroll all the way to the top and select “None.”
That’s it! Now you won’t hear a sound when you send a text message from your iPhone.
If you have an Android phone, follow these steps to turn off sent text sound:
- Open the “Messaging” app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and find “Advanced.”
- Tap on “Advanced.”
- Scroll down again and find “Notification sound.”
- Tap on “Notification sound.”
- Select “Silent.”
That’s it! Now your Android phone won’t play a sound when you send a text message.
Why Turn Off Sent Text Sound?
There are several reasons why you might want to turn off sent text sound:
- You find the sound annoying or distracting.
- You want to send a text message discreetly without anyone else hearing it.
- You are in a situation where you need to be quiet, such as in a movie theater or during a meeting.
Whatever your reason may be, turning off sent text sound is a simple and easy process.
Other Text Message Settings
While you’re in the settings for your text messages, there are a few other options you might want to consider:
- Delivery reports: This feature will let you know when your text message has been delivered to the recipient’s phone.
- Read receipts: This feature will let you know when the recipient has read your text message.
- Vibrate: You can turn on or off the vibrate feature when you receive a text message.
These settings can be useful if you want to keep track of your text messages or customize the way your phone behaves when you receive a text message.
Turning off sent text sound is a simple process on both iPhones and Androids. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can turn off this feature and send text messages quietly and discreetly. Remember, there are other text message settings you can customize as well, so take some time to explore your options and make your phone work for you.